Marijuana Butter Recipe
Marijuana butter is an incredibly versatile thing. Literally any recipe that calls for butter can be replaced with cannabis butter to make it either an awesome recreational treat, or an effective medicine.
Below is an easy and quick way to make marijuana butter.
What you’ll need:
- 100 grams of butter; if you’re vegan we recommend using Earth Balance butter; it has the same taste and consistency as regular butter but is entirely vegan
- 100 ml of water and also
- 100 grams of grinded cannabis leaves, or five grams of dried cannabis flower
- Heat the water and the butter together in a sauce pan.
- Add the cannabis, stirring to make sure to mix evenly
- Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the cannabis material
- Put the pan in the refrigerator so the butter will solidify at the top of the water.
- Discard the water and your marijuana butter is ready to use!
If placed in an air-tight container, the marijuana butter should remain good for several weeks. Studies have shown that THC and CBD stay active at room temperature for three months; this would be considerably longer if refrigerating. In other words, you’ll have to worry about the butter itself going bad long before you’ll need to worry about it losing its potency.
Cannabis butter can be used in any recipe that calls for normal butter. However, below are a few recipes we recommend.