White Widow, a hybrid originating in the Netherlands, is one of the most popular strains across the globe.
White Widow is a hugely popular strain (and for good reason). This is especially true in the U.S., where it’s sold in cannabis outlets and dispensaries throughout the country. It’s also true in the Netherlands, where it’s sold in many cannabis coffee shops (some of which have been selling it since the 90s).
The cross between South Indian (an indica) and Brazilian (a sativa) has a strong, earthy (sometime wood-like) smell and taste. Many find it best used at night when attempting to relax or get to sleep.
The top effects of the White Widow marijuana strain are:
- A very strong but pleasant head high
- Happiness and also
Some of the top medical ailments it helps with are:
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and also
White Widow is a relatively easy strain to grow with a typically medium yield and plant height It’s also best grown indoors.
Below are a few growing tips specific to this strain courtesy of Leafly:
- Suitable for sea of green (SOG) and screen of green (SCROG) setups.
- Fertilize and water in moderation to avoid mildew and to preserve flavor profiles.
- Changing light cycle to 8 hours during the final 2 weeks of flowering prevents regrowth of buds; stress will induce better resin coverage.
- Needs a lot of sun outdoors, but is suitable for colder climates.
At the time of publication White Widow has 2,067 reviews on Leafly with an average score of 4.3 out of 5 (8.8 out of 10).
Where to find it
If you are lucky enough to live in a state where cannabis is legal for medical and/or recreational purposes, we suggest you check out Leafly’s strain finder.
This feature uses your exact location to find the closet cannabis store or dispensary to you that is currently carrying the White Widow marijuana strain; you can also look for a variety of other strains.
Click here for the strain finder.