With the growth rate of the CBD market in the US estimated at 107% per year for the next 3 years, many organizations are eyeing this as a most lucrative opportunity since prohibition. As with any opportunity, timing is of the essence in order to carve out a niche in this wildly profitable sector.
If you are interested in launching your own line of CBD products into the US market place, there are really only 2 approach you can take.
First is the expensive, high-risk and time-consuming route of bringing any private label product to market. This includes developing the CBD product, having the ingredients sourced, managing the manufacturing and testing components, developing your own packaging, shipping your product out to various warehousing and distribution centers, driving sales, dealing with returns and much more.
But what if you could cut many of those initial steps out of the equation?
The alternative is the low-risk, quick-to-market and low overhead approach of “White Labelling”.
What is White Labelling
White Labelling is simply putting your brand on a product manufactured by someone else.
Typically, these companies have deep industry knowledge and will work with you to develop the right outcome for the market you are trying to address.
At the end of the process, you are delivered your finalized products with your own branded label on them. This allows you to focus on your customers and driving sales.
For CBD specifically, you can put your company’s private label (brand) on oil tinctures, edibles, capsules, topicals, vapes, bath and body products, pets product and more.
What should I look for in a White Label CBD Company
Many companies will naturally try to address cost first, but this is not the most important aspect of launching a product successful.
It is much more critical to find a company that has years of experience, uses high quality ingredients, offers a large line of product options and has an independent testing program.
This will help you ensure top quality products and help you use these factors in your marketing of your brand.
As import as the product is, the service is quite critical. You want to find a company that will be a partner in this with you. Review their services and see if they will help you with your marketing efforts, creating the proper brand, labels, packaging. Are they flexible with payment terms?
Remember, this is going to be a long terms relationship and you want to make sure that the product and the service is there to support you
What are the Top White Label CBD Companies?
It is important to conduct your research when selecting the right CBD White Labeling company to work with.
As we detailed above, there are many attributes that are important to consider. At the end of the day, it is your brand that is going on the product, so you want to make sure it reflects quality and safety.
Here are a few companies we’ve researched and the pros and cons of each. We hope this will provide a solid primer as you look for the ideal partner.
Who is WLCCO
WLCCO focuses on seed-to-shelf full-service manufacturing. That means they manage everything from growing the Cannabis plant, extracting of the oils from the hemp plant, custom formulation of the products, bottling/design, labelling and packaging.
They have over 10 year of industry experience, test all their product with 3rd party and pride themselves on product quality and customer service.
WLCCO produces and white labels the following products:
- Carrier Oils – Hempseed oil, Grapeseed oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Edibles – Chewables, gummies, and softgels
- Tinctures – come in various concentrations and flavors (Peppermint, citrus, vanilla, chocolate, and others) and can be easily added to carrier oils
- Topicals – beard cream, arthritis Salve, hand/body lotion, massage oil, tattoo cream, and cooling gel
- Vapes Cartidges
- Specialty Products – CBD Protein Powder, CBD Collagen Powder, Sleep Tincture, Stress Tincture and Muscle and Joint Tincture.
They can also sell their CBD distillate and crude in bulk at wholesale prices if that’s the model you envision for your company.
They do have over 44,000 flavor options so if there’s something specific you want created, there is a good chance they can work with you.
- If you wish to use your own bottle/packaging, WLCCO will happily order it on your behalf and manage the manufacturing process that way.
- They also provide marketing support for companies who are just getting started.
- Their typical turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from start to product readiness
- The offer financing options for both the products and packaging for qualified buyers.
- They do not offer label-design services. This is something you will need to get done professionally by a graphic designer
Who is The Hemp Plug
The Hemp Plug is a premier White Label CBD company that focuses on creating turnkey CBD and full spectrum hemp extract solutions. Their products are of the highest quality and offer a comprehensive suite of services to companies get up and running quickly.
The Hemp Plug focuses on building CBD brands through their white label and private-label services. They carry over 400 products in their catalog and can customize products to meet their customer’s requirements.
Their multilevel industry services feature customized support based on the needs of each unique business. From customization to order fulfillment to brand development and label design, The Hemp Plug does it all.
- CBD Oils
- Edibles – CBD Gummies, CBD Honey sticks, CBD Infused Dried Fruit, CBD Coffee, CBD Lollipop
- CBD Vape pens and pods
- Bath and body products – Pain Relief Creams and Roll-ons, CBD Bath Salts, CBD Sunscreen, CBD Moisturizer, Anti-aging Creams, CBD Hair Growth, CBD After Sun Care, Collagen, Revive Cream, Bath Bombs
- Pets – CBD Pet Treats, Pet Shampoo and Conditioners, Pet Oil Tinctures.
- Their products come from Non-GMO plants, grown in the US with organic fertilizer and NO chemical pesticides
- Their supply chain is top notch and dependable
- The Hemp Plug has the most robust suite of services and customer support to help customers get up and running smoothly with the highest quality products.
- Global expansion opportunity
- Impressive capabilities around branding, labelling and package design.
- No minimum order quantity
- One of the Largest Collection of CBD Products in the Industry
- They don’t grow themselves but work with the best growers in the country with the highest level of quality hemp. They also verify through third-party laboratories.
Who is CBDMICO
Based out of Colorado, CBDMICO that prides itself on the quality of the CBD products. They are all non-GMO, USDA organic, GMP certified and gluten free. They have been a supplier of choice for many smoke shops in California since 2001.
The CBDMICO team will white label their product and provide labelling and packaging design support for companies. Their products are a bit more limited than The Hemp Plug but also of high quality.
- Edibles – Full Spectrum Gummies
- Bath and Body – Shampoo, Conditioner, Massage Oil, Moisturize, Hair Mask, Tattoo Cream, Salve Rollup
- CBD Tinctures
Their product and service suite may be more limited than some of other players in the space but they have been around for some time and are respected in the industry.
- Strong focus on Bath and Body products
- Flexible in product development on products they do have
- Service suite may also be limited
Who is CBD Hemp Experts
Based out of Jacksonville FL, CBD Hemp Experts offer 150 products for white labelling around Health & Wellness, Beauty & Personal Care and Pet Products. All of their products are manufactured in GMP and FDA approved facilities. They work very closely with the top doctors and formulators to ensure the products are safe and of the highest quality
- Edibles – Gummies, Coffee
- Health and Wellness – Tinctures, Capsules, Sprays, tablets, veggie caps, juices,
- Pet Care
- Beauty & Personal Care – Hair Care, Relief Rubs, Bath Bombs, Skin care product line, balms, lotions
- Large product selection to choose from
- Priced aggressively to help white label customer maximize ROI
- Require a minimum order (1000) for White Label.
- Provides minimum options for labelling and packaging
- Upfront payment required
- Additional fees for customer formulations
- Will not assist in label design other than providing template
Who is Folium Biosciences
A complete vertical integrated producer, manufacturer, and distributor, focused on THC free (0.0%) Hemp oil products. They are the largest known hemp extraction company in North America and are Halal certified, Kosher certified, Non-GMO and Eco-Friendly.
This Colorado based company employs over 200 people and resides in a 300K-sf indoor manufacturing space with expansion to a 170K s-f facility in Canada on the way.
- Active Lifestyle – Energy/recover drinks, relief wraps, moisturizing relief, cooling/heating gels,
- Wellness – Gummies, e-liquids, vapes, Gel Caps, Balms, Tinctures, Nano-tinctures
- Cosmetic – Facemasks, moisturizing creams, renewal mist
- Pet Wellness – Horse Pellets, Tinctures, Dog Soft Chews
- Made in the US and has a lot of substantial certifications including Halal and Kosher
- One of only a few hemp companies in the world with THC Free (0.0%) broad spectrum water soluble CBD oils and powders.
- International distribution
- Very product focused but not as many services to help white label as other providers
Time to market is critical to carve out space in the exploding CBD industry. There are already many players that have cemented their position in this space in hopes to ride the growth over the next decade.
Spending 2 years to launch your CBD brand is just not viable in this industry.
White Label is the fasted way to market while still ensuring high quality products. Finding the right partner can be the difference between riding the wave or getting left behind.