The Basics of Making Weed Edibles a Home
Weed edibles have been rapidly growing in popular across the United States and even world. This is for many reasons: The effects last longer, the high is more of a “body high”, and there is no smoking (and thus little smell) involved. Although most people in legal marijuana states purchase their edibles from marijuana stores, those who live outside of these locations aren’t able to do so.
However, this is no reason to fret! Making weed edibles at home is simple!
Decarboxylating marijuana is an absolutely necessary step for a marijuana edible to get you high. This is needed in order convert the THCA to THC. Decarboxylation is the process of removing a carboxyl group from a molecule. Given that there is little to no naturally occurring THC/CBD in the plant prior to decarboxylation, the process is essential for individuals to actually feel the effects of marijuana. Decarboxylation causes a chemical bond to break off of the THCa molecule and convert it to THC, or a CBDa molecule to convert to CBD.
The activation process usually occurs automatically when a plant is burned, or smoked. Decarboxylating marijuana for edibles is simple: All you need to do is to first cook the marijuana into butter or oil – the fat content helps the process to occur quickly and effectively.
Making Marijuana Butter
Making marijuana butter is a relatively simple process that is well worth the effort – you can use marijuana butter in anything you would use regular butter in, making it an vessel for turning pretty much anything into a marijuana edible!
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 ml of water
- 100 grams of grinded cannabis leaves
- Heat the water and the butter together in a sauce pan.
- Add the cannabis, stirring to make sure to mix evenly
- Let simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the cannabis material
- Put the pan in the refrigerator so the butter will solidify at the top of the water.
- Discard the water and your marijuana butter is ready to use!
Making marijuana cooking oil
- 100 ml of vegetable oil (
- 50 grams of grinded marijuana leaves
- Add the leaves or buds to the oil and heat it up.
- Make sure it doesn’t get to hot otherwise the marijuana will fry.
- Heat it for 2 or 3 hours and stir occasionally.
- Let it cool and then strain the oil. I
Edibles easiest to make at home
Once you make either the above-mentioned marijuana butter or oil, it because incredibly easy to make marijuana edibles at home. A popular choice is marijuana brownies – for this all you need to do is take your favorite brownie recipe, and replace the butter or oil with your newly made marijuana butter or oil.
Other popular products include:
- Rice Krispy treats
- Melted butter over popcorn
- And anything else you can think of!