Cannabis Can Successfully Treat Epilepsy in Children, Says New Study

A new study published in this month’s issue of the journal Epilepsy Behavior has found that many parents with epileptic children are turning to cannabis-basedcannabis medicines to treat their seizures, and in a large majority of instances, it’s successful in doing so.

“Severe childhood epilepsies are characterized by frequent seizures, neurodevelopmental delays, and impaired quality of life. In these treatment-resistant epilepsies, families often seek alternative treatments”, begins the study’s abstract. “This survey explored the use of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis in children with treatment-resistant epilepsy.”

Read moreCannabis Can Successfully Treat Epilepsy in Children, Says New Study

BREAKING: FDA Approves Trials for Cannabis-Based Epilepsy Medicine

The U.S. Federal Drug Administration has given unprecedented approval for two separate trials of Epidiolex, a liquid medicine made entirely of cannabis; the substance contains 98% cannafdabidiol, a nonpsychoactive compound found in cannabis – the remaining 2% consist of various trace amounts of other cannabinoids.

The studies will be led by Orrin Devinsky, MD at New York University’s School of Medicine, and Roberta Cilio, MD, PhD, at the University of California.

Each study will involve 25 participants, all children.

Read moreBREAKING: FDA Approves Trials for Cannabis-Based Epilepsy Medicine