There’s nothing more quintessential in the world of cannabis edibles than weed brownies.
Pretty much everyone loves brownies. This makes it a naturally choice to be infused with cannabis. Weed brownies – and the chocolate they contain – are also perfect for masking the cannabis taste for those who don’t like it.
With this being the case, recipes for weed brownies are a dime a dozen. How do you choose a good one?
Well, below we seek to make that easy by giving you the ultimate weed brownie recipe; and it just so happens to be vegan, making it enjoyable by most anyone; and trust us, there’s no sacrifice in taste.
Before we detail the recipe, we will note that it calls for cannabis butter. For those not able to buy this at a cannabis outlet/dispensary; or for those who simply want to make their own; below is a quick and easy recipe for cannabis butter:
- 100 grams of margarine or vegan butter (such as Earth’s Balance)
- 100 ml of water
- 5 grams of grinded cannabis flower or 100 grams of grinded leaves
Start by heating the butter and water together in a medium sauce pan; slowly stir in the grinded cannabis after a few minutes. Let this simmer for 20-30 minutes, making sure to stir often. Strain the mixture and remove the cannabis; then put the pan in the refrigerator. The butter will solidify at the top of the water; discard the water and your oil is ready to use for your cakes, brownies and cookies.
Now that we got that out of the way, to the main recipe:
Ultimate Weed Brownies Recipe
16 weed brownies
- ¼ cup nut butter (cashew or almond is preferred)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- organic brown sugar (½ cup)
- ¼ cup of cannabis coconit oil
- \cocoa powder ¾ cup
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Equivalent of 2 eggs using Ener-G Egg Replacer or flax (for flax mix 2 tablespoons grounded with 4 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (+ 2 tablespoons) of flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond butte with maple syrup, brown sugar and the melted cannabis coconut oil.
- In ¼ cup increments add cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Add vegan eggs, making sure to mix it in well; then whisk in the flour. Fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Add chocolate chips and pour batter into pan, then using a spatula, smooth batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and cool for roughly an hour.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve!