Tag: bermuda marijuana

Bermuda House Passes Bill to Decriminalize Cannabis Possession

Bermuda’s House of Assembly has overwhelmingly approved legislation to decriminalize small amounts of cannabis. The Misuse of Drugs (Decriminalization of Cannabis) Amendment Act, tabled by Minister of Social Development and Sport Zane DeSilva, would decriminalize the possession of up to seven grams of cannabis for personal use. The measure now goes to the Senate for …

Continue reading

Poll: Over 79% of Bermuda Voters Support Decriminalizing or Legalizing Cannabis

A new poll released by Profiles of Bermuda has found that an overwhelming majority of voters in Bermuda support either decriminalizing or legalizing cannabis. According to the survey, 41.5% of Bermuda voters support legalizing cannabis, with an additional 37.8% supporting decriminalization. Altogether 79.3% support either legalizing or decriminalizing cannabis, with just 20% in favor of …

Continue reading