The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is often used to help treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children. Based on the core of the diet, it forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.
This diet has become increasingly popular in recent years, as have marijuana edibles. So, it only makes sense to combine to two worlds so that those on such a diet can still enjoy their cannabis-infused food and drinks. Luckily, it’s easy! Making keto edibles is quite simple, and not really anymore difficult than making regular marijuana edibles.
With that in mind, here are two easy recipes for keto edibles – keto brownies, and keto gummy bears!
Keto Marijuana Brownies:
What you’ll need:
- 4 tbsp Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- 100 mg Organic CBD Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 3 ounces Chopped Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla Stevia
- Pulse the macadamia nuts in a food processor. Add salt and baking soda and grind some more until it gets a gravelly like texture
- Add in the chocolate, cannabis oil and CBD. Blend until smooth
- Add the erythritol, eggs and stevia, and blend a little more
- Place the mixture in a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at for 22-27 minutes at 350°, making sure to fully preheat the oven before putting them in.
- After cooling, they’re ready to serve!
Thanks to High Times for the above recipe!
Keto Marijuana Gummy Bears
- Fruit juice – 2/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Marijuana Tincture – 2-3 tbsp
- Gelatin – 3.5 tbsp
- Combine the juice, water, lemon juice, and honey into a saucepan and heat over low-medium.
- Add the cannabis tincture gelatin and whisk heavily until smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Take the mixture and fill any desired mold
- Place in the freezer to cool (10-15 minutes)