At a recent Seattle event held by the marijuana investor group the ArcView Investment Network, over $1 million was committed to 5 marijuana-related businesses, and 2 marijuana legalization groups. The investments were announced at a press conference in Seattle – total commitments are expected to surpass $2 million within a week.
The Marijuana Policy Project, and Students for Sensible Drug Policy obtained over $100,000 in commitments for future legalization efforts. The remaining investments went to the marijuana industry. Here’s a list of the companies that investors are investing in.
- Uptoke: A company which sells portable vaporizers.
- Rodawg: A marijuana packaging company.
- WeCanna: A marijuana-related crowdfunding company.
- Canna Security America: A security-solutions company for the legal marijuana industry.
- Apeks: A company which sells machines to make marijuana concentrates
This Seattle event was the first of many being planned around the nation by the Arcview Investor Network – which motto is “A New Dawn for the Legal Cannabis Industry” – a marijuana investment company founded by Steve DeAngelo, founder of California’s Harborside Health Center and star of Discovery Channel’s Weed Wars, and Troy Dayton, co-founder of Students for Sensible Drug Policy.
The next event takes place on June 14th in New York City.