One of the most popular categories of marijuana edibles are marijuana hard candies such as marijuana Jolly Ranchers. The appeal is quite apparent: You get a high that’s as strong and long-lasting as normal edibles, but get to enjoy a deliciously sweet hard candy in the process. Some also like the fact that given you consume a Jolly Rancher over the course of 10-25 minutes and not within a couple minutes like a small-to-medium marijuana cookie, the high has an even more gradual onset than standard edibles.
Luckily, making marijuana Jolly Ranchers isn’t near as difficult as you might think. It also doesn’t take near as long – or take near as much cannabis – as you may think.
All that said, let’s cut to the chase and tell you how to make it!
Marijuana Jolly Rancher Recipe
There are two primary ways you can make marijuana-infused Jolly Ranchers. One is to use actual Jolly Ranchers, and one involves making your own jolly ranchers using ingredients like corn syrup.
In this article, we’ll cover both.
Marijuana Jolly Ranchers Using Real Jolly Ranchers
Here is how to make marijuana Jolly Ranchers using real Jolly Ranchers (though obviously similar off-brand versions of the candy would also work):
– A standard sized bag of Jolly Ranchers
– A quarter cup of water
– 2-4 tablespoons of marijuana tincture
What to do:
– Using a coffee grinder or something similar, grind up the Jolly Ranchers until they’re broken into very small pieces
– Heat the Jolly Ranchers in the water on the stove in a pot over medium-high heat until the candy has mixed evenly with the water and liquefied
– Remove from the heat and mix in the marijuana tincture. For lightly potent marijuana Jolly Ranchers use around 2 tablespoons of moderately potent tincture, and ad more depending on how potent you’d like it to be
– Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow it to harden
– Break into smaller pieces as you see fit
Marijuana Jolly Ranchers Using Homemade Jolly Ranchers
– 1 gram of hash
– 2 cups of sugar
– 2/3rd cups of light corn syrup
What to do:
– Mix together all of the ingredients other than the flavoring
– Heat in a pot on a stove (stirring often) for 6-8 minutes
– Remove the stove and add in the flavoring
– Pour the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours
– Remove from the freezer and break it into small pieces as you see fit