How Long do Edibles Take to Kick in?
Marijuana-infused food or drink products, referred to often as simply “edibles”, have quite a different effect on the body and mind than does smoking or vaporizing marijuana. This is particularly true in regards to how long edibles take to kick in, or get you “high”, and in regards to how long the high lasts.
With this in mind, you may find yourself asking – how long do edibles take to kick in?
When do Edibles Kick in?
This varies from person to person based on a few varying factors. These are:
- A person’s weight and metabolism
- A person’s past experience with edibles (A.K.A their tolerance)
That being said, there are still some standard guidelines that are typically truisms:
- It typically takes 30 to 45 minutes for edibles to begin to be felt, sometimes as much as 60 minutes.
- It takes 60 to 90 minutes, for the full effects of the edibles to kick in, sometimes as much as 120 minutes
- Edible highs tend to last around 4 to 6 hours, sometimes as much as 8 hours
How to Make Edibles Kick in Faster
Given it takes some time for edibles to kick in, you may find yourself asking – how do I make edibles kick in faster?
The best and most effective way of doing this, is to consume edibles on an empty, or mostly empty, stomach. This will cause the edibles to hit your system considerably faster. On an empty stomach, you may feel it after just 20 minutes, with the full effects after around 60.
Anecdotally some say that taking a hit from a joint, pipe or bong will help speed up the edibles, but whether or not that’s true isn’t entirely known.
Other than this, there isn’t much that can be done to speed up edibles.